Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spimoni... that is me.

A fellow blogger wrote: "Will I always have an affair? Probably. I need that excitement of discovering someone new. The electricity between 2 persons, the wanting, the craving. After having a taste of it, I want more."

Wow. God, I pray that I will never be the "excitement" someone craves and nothing else. I understand the complications of everything but if my muffin man were to truly feel that way about me, i would be crushed.  I want to be "chosen."

It's like this:
Someone offers you vanilla ice cream. You like it! You love in fact! its a treat you indulge in, each night after dinner. years of this, you are in your routine. you expect that vanilla ice cream each night. you can always rely on it.  its comforting.
then one day someone else comes along and says, hey, ya know there are so many other flavors of ice cream! try them!  so you try chocolate, coffee, mint chocolate chip... you start to discover there are hundreds of flavors!  this excites you.  Then one day you get to a unique flavor, like spimoni. its pistachio, chocolate, and cherry mixed together... nuts, cream, chocolate, and fruit chunks... (that is me. a unique collection of flavors.)

this is your new flavor of choice.  it's more pricey and rare but you like it. you love it in fact! why go back to the plain vanilla?  this new flavor is exciting, decadent, thrilling... you discovered something so rare, so exciting,so different than what you ever knew.

then one night you open the freezer and see the vanilla sitting there. the memories, the comfort, the familiarity...
you think, hmm... that is my comfort ice cream.  always there when i want it. never disappoints me.  can put it on anything. maybe this spimoni will grow old and i won't care for it anymore, but the vanilla will never get old. so you decide you'll keep the vanilla, and have the spimoni on special occasions. when you want some excitement.

But one day... maybe the exciting flavor will become something new. a different flavor perhaps. who knows? 


I am Spimoni, no doubt about it. My muffin man's Spimoni.

"Will I always have an affair? Probably. I need that excitement of discovering someone new. The electricity between 2 persons, the wanting, the craving. After having a taste of it, I want more."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, my goodness, my grandmother used to say. That's all I can say. Spimoni is the best!

whaatamithinking said...

you like spimoni? its a very unique flavor... thats why i used it in this metaphor. and ironically, i wrote it before finding out his favorite ice cream is vanilla. go figure... so depressing