Saturday, January 23, 2010

taking chances

Wow. Now you're all fighting? Honestly, I don't know if I even want to write anymore after this. I started this blog to find comfort and support.  To be able to freely blog about my relationship.  I am completely open and honest with everything I feel and say. And it has turned into an advice column and bashing the one I love. I love him! I am not ready to move on! I said I will not wait forever. I'm not stupid and pathetic. I am hopeful and a dreamer. And sometimes you do get your dreams.  If youre patient enough to wait. And sometimes you don't.  My personality is to take chances.  I take them.

It seems EG is the only one on here who understands and doesn't judge my "man." And I spoke to my therapist friday. If you havent read earlier blogs, she knows both him and me. She gave me great advice. She said "youre not ready to move on so dont try to date otehr people, because it will make things worse. Focus on yourself. Taking care of yourself. examples, finally getting surgery I need, excercising, studying for my series 7 to make more money and choose what i want to do in this industry.  And then when you are strong and more confident and you are ready to make him make a choice you will either have him, or if you don't, it wont crush you because you will be strong. "

None of you know him.  I wish  he would comment but he wont.  He doesnt want to have to defend himself. But if you knew him like I do, and knew his thoughts, you'd have a little more compassion. So for right now, please let me sort through this without attacking me, him, or my other readers!

But also, I do appreciate that you all are concerned. it shows goodness and compassion in all your hearts.

12 comments:

Florida Dom said...

It is wise to discuss this with your therapist. It sounds like you're getting good advice.

I can imagine why you don't like some of the comments. But I think many of your readers are concerned that many times the kind of situation you're in doesn't end well. Let us hope you are the exception and that things work out well for you and you find happiness. Good luck.

FD

Raine said...

Wow. So, I have to admit, I read your blog on my google reader. It makes me lazy, so I hardly ever actually go to blogs. This is why I have not commented and why I had not read any of the other comments.

People can be jerks and hide behind "Anonymous". Do not stop writing because of them. My only suggestion is maybe turn off anonymous commenting?

I do worry about you and worry that this is not an ideal situation, but, you know, I only know what you write. I don't know him and I don't know your relationship. Neither does my fellow followers. Who are we to judge?

Keep writing *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

All the decisions are yours.

You do what feels right.

I wish for your long term happiness.

Secretia

Anonymous said...

True... who are we to judge?

Don't forget that this is YOUR blog. So we comment on what YOU are telling us, and a lot of us are influenced by our own experiences when commenting on YOUR situation.

Please keep writing!!! Comfort and support is often found in the advice of your followers. You are open and honest about what you say on mm - Your followers are open and honest on what they have to say.

And keep smiling too. :)

J said...

I have not turned off anonymous commenting on my blog, but I do screen all of them. For the most part I do not filter them because of content, I let uncomplimentary comments post. Only those that contain no signature of any sort have I rejected, and one that was in a foreign language, which once I had it translated, had nothing to do with my blog. The point is, it is your blog, you get to make the rules.

Anonymous said...

We are only looking out for you. What the previous commenter said s right- we reply to what YOU'VE written and feel emotion towards YOU because we feel a connection you when you write.

Its hurtful to see you hurting, thats the bottom line.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you're going through. I have been through it for 4 years.

SA

Anonymous said...

Your therapist gives very good advice. She's right. You don't seem ready to date another. Focus on yourself first and ALWAYS what feels best for you.

You know I only give my perspective to help you, but also because, amazingly, I feel a lot of what you do in my opposite situation. I so get what you're going through.

Why don't you consider setting up a "whaatamithinking" email address for off-line discussion? Then you could turn off anon if you want to. Just a thought.

EG

Anonymous said...

You post sad and often very depressed thoughts more often than happy ones so it is natrual for your readers to be concerned for you.

Senorita said...

All I have to say is "good luck."

You have a right to your opinions, but as readers, so do we. You can't expect all of us to have the same opinions you do. And you run that risk by putting your life out there. Especially doing something as controversial as dating a married man. That takes balls. And I think you are brave by putting yourself out here.

And some of us are looking out for you and warning you that you could get hurt. Because you are. You've been really sad lately because he has been stringing you along and dangling the carrot in front of your face. The hardest thing for me to read is that you keep on allowing this and wonder why things don't get better.

Some married men do end up leaving their wives. Based on what you are writing, your guy does not sound like he is even considering it.

And why isn't he here to defend you up here ? And tell us all to back off ? A real man would be doing that, but he is sitting back and watching it all unfold. And that, to me is acting cowardly.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been hoping that things are manageable for you. How is it going? Come back soon, OK?

Secretia