Saturday, December 19, 2009

My daughter's words

Tonight I was talking to my 13 year-old daughter about boys... She saw my phone and saw that I was bbm-ing (texting but instant messaging on a blackberry) with the muffin man. She knows I call him that so she said, "gee mom who are you talking to?  muffin man?" She knows we bbm every single day. "tell muffin man I said HIIIIIIII!" I said, "I thought you didnt like him."  "no mom I like him I just dont like the choices he makes." meaning she knows how he feels about me when he is married. then she had a heart to heart with me about him.

She said "mom i feel so bad for you.  It must be so sad to not be able to be with someone you are in love with." "yeah it is.  it hurts."  "mom, if he wasn't married, I think you two would be married already." "really? why is that?"  "because you two are just so perfect! There's just something so special about you two.  I dont know what it is, but there's something really special! I cant put words to it."

Then I thought to myself... my God how sad it is. If he wasn't married we would be perfect together. I love him from the depths of my soul. And he feels the same. No doubt.

Read my F-ed up thought to hear more of this...

2 comments:

Naughty Plans said...

well.. what is particularly sweet in all the drama, is that you daughter is aware and considers what you feels. such a good friend-daughter :)wish you all the best!

whaatamithinking said...

she feels what i feel... as I feel what she feels. I love her. and thank you